Wednesday 4 May 2016

The difficult second post . . .

No benches, no half-time, no time-outs…welcome to my world


I've spent a huge amount of time thinking about the subject of my next blog post, there are so many things to write about! I guess this is how Beyonce felt when she was about to release her second album! I guess, for now,  I will stick to what I know...food!

Everyone knows how important it is to eat healthy when you are training for a race, or just running in general, however sometimes that's easier said than done, especially when you have a house, children and a husband to think about, not to mention that packet of Hobnobs staring at me from the other side of the dining table! Although I do love healthy food, I have a huge soft spot for biscuits and chocolate and could quite easily devour a 'family sized' Galaxy whilst watching an episode of Eastenders!

This last week I have been really trying hard with my nutrition and I must say, I feel great for it! Mr Pretty Tired Runner has had a couple of days off work recently so we have made the most of being child free. Last week we went to a glorious little cafe (although that word doesn't do it justice) in Petersfield called The Natural Apothecary Check out their website here and had the most
delectable lunch. They serve a range of salads, but not the type of salad you are thinking of, along with a main of Halloumi, Chicken, Tofu or Salmon. I had the Halloumi and three salads and it was one of the most enjoyable and filling meals I have had in a long time, all washed down with one of their freshly made juices.  If you haven't been there already then you must try it, you won't be disappointed. 

I have been thinking more and more about my diet and I have been considering going dairy free. From the small amount of research I have done, it seems like there are a huge amount of health benefits. I did consider going Dairy Free for the month of May, but I have too many social events this month which I don't want to miss out on! If you have removed all the dairy from your diet then I would really love to hear from you about the benefits. 

Also this week I celebrated achieving a new Personal Best on a 5k run! 29min 44 secs. It was tricky but I felt great afterwards! I also finally remembered to take my #sweatface photo for a fellow friend, health enthusiast and blogger, Becky Stafferton. She runs the website Art of Healthy Living - check it out here  - and has been doing a campaign on sharing your #sweatface. It is a fantastic campaign and super important for us to show, especially to our children, that its OK to look sweaty. In a world where children are so preoccupied with their looks (even at the age of 8, as I have recently found out!) it is our job to show them that it doesn't matter what you look like! (but that seems like a topic for another post!) 

Anyway, the school run is calling me, so thats all for now. Keep Running. PTR x

Facebook
Instagram
Twitter






No comments:

Post a Comment